Cran-Raspberry Pears: 4 servings
2 large pears, peeled, halved, cored fully ripe
1 cinnamon stick
2 cups raspberry flavored cranberry juice
2 T. vanilla chocolate chips
1 T. cornstarch
1 t. oil
1/4 c. fresh raspberries
1. Place pear halves, cinnamon stick & juice in a medium saucepan; cook over low heat for 5-10 mins. or until pears are slightly tender. Cover; refrigerate 2-3 hours or until pears are pink.
2. Remove pears; reserve 1 cup of juice place in saucepan & stir in cornstarch. Cook over medium heat until mixture boils & is thick and clear; boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Return pears to mixture; cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until cold.
3. Just before serving, in a small saucepan combine chocolate chips and oil. Melt chips over very low heat, stirring occasionally.
4. To serve, place a pear half on each 4 dessert plates. Spoon sauce over and around pears. Drizzle each with melted chocolate chips. top with fresh raspberries & chocolate cutouts if desire.
5. Chocolate cutouts: I used about 1/2 cup of melted chocolate & poured it into a chocolate mold. Refrigerate for 10 minutes and let sit on the counter for 10 minutes then pop it out
Note: Make sure the pears are fully ripe!