Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes: Yield 26 cupcakes Recipe can be half
2/3 c. unsalted butter, softened
2 eggs, room temperature
1 3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. light brown sugar
2 1/2 t. baking powder
2 1/2 c. flour
1/3 c. finely chopped pecans
2 t. cinnamon
1 1/2 t. pure vanilla
1/2 t. salt
1 1/4 c. milk
1. Preheat oven 350 F. Line 2 12-hole standard muffin pans with paper baking cups.
2. In one bowl stir together flour, baking powder, & salt. In a another bowl mix together brown sugar, pecans & cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl beat butter on medium to high-speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add the sugar on medium speed, stop the mixer and scrap the sides of the bowl so all the ingredients are well combined. beat 2 minutes more or until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
4. TRICKY STEP: Add the flour mixture in three additions then the milk in two additions, be sure to end w/ the flour mixture. So first you add in the flour mixture on low-speed, then the milk the batter will look curdle but don’t worry! be sure you always scrap the sides of the bowl. Add in the flour mixture then all of the milk, scrap the bowl again then add in the remainder of flour.
5. Spoon 1 T. of batter inside cupcake liner, then sprinkle 1 t. of brown sugar mixture over batter in liners. Alternate this procedure three times ending with brown sugar mixture.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes or cake tester, knife, or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool the cupcakes on wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove the cupcakes and cool completely.
Creamy Butter Frosting
1/2 c butter ( 1 sticks)
1 t. vanilla
3-4 T. milk
3 3/4 c. confectioners’ sugar
Beat all ingredients for 1 minute on low-speed. Stop the mixer scrap the sides of the bowl. Then beat on medium speed for 2-3 mins until light & fluffy, add more milk if needed.
Note: instead of using whole milk I used to 2% milk for light texture. Any icing, glaze, goes well with this cupcake even sifted confectioners’ sugar on top. HAPPY BAKING!