Hey Ladies! The way to get through a man’s heart is his stomach. Cook him a meal with flava he’ll love you for a lifetime! It’s not so much how we wear our hair up or down, curly or straight, get a pedicure & manicure every 2 weeks, or clean the house, do laundry, ironing, walk his dog, take care of the kids, and etc…
Let’s face it men eat more than we do and yet they hardly gain that many pounds ( this one of my many mysteries about them how they don’t gain a lot of weight)….. But all in all men love to eat especially when it’s homemade food and sweets. So ladies if you want to please your man this Thursday besides getting sexy lingerie why not take the time and make him a homemade meal (not a frozen dinner that you can microwave in 3 minutes), I’m referring to taking the time to plan a hearty healthy meal where the two of you can enjoy each other’s company.
And let’s not forget about dessert that’s the most important part, here is a dessert to end the night on a perfect note a Chocolate Strawberry Mousse Box. Hey you never know where all this might lead you…. Maybe a Wedding this year? Your dream House? A new Car? Spending More time together? or More Communication?
Makes: 1 box
1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 recipe of Strawberry Mousse, as follows
3 chocolate bars (4.5 ozs. each), milk or dark chocolate, Nestle or Cadbury
1 container 16 oz. chocolate frosting, your favorite brand
1. Make mousse first
1 qt. fresh strawberries
1 pack (1.4 oz.) strawberry gelatin
1/2 cup boiling water
1/4 cup sugar
2 cup heavy cream
whole strawberries for garnish
1. Wash and hulled strawberries, cut each berry in half and puree in a blender or food processor until smooth. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, pour boiling water over gelatin and sugar. Stir until dissolved.
3. Pour pureed strawberries into gelatin and stir until combined. The mixture should be at room temperature if not place in the refrigerator until cool.
4. Whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks and fold into gelatin and strawberry mixture until well blended.
5. Keep refrigerated for at least 2 hrs. or until set.
6. Fill pastry bag with strawberry mousse and pipe with a large star or large plain tip into chilled chocolate box. Garnish with fresh strawberries and serve.
Cut chocolate bars crosswise in half. Attach sides with chocolate frosting to form box, hold each corner for 30 seconds before moving onto the step corner. Refrigerate until firm, about 20-30 minutes.
To get perfect stiff peaks when whipping heavy cream, place mixing bowl and whisk attachment or hand held whisk in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.