Happy Friday Everybody! I have a very wonderful treat to share with you, the Pretzel Butterscotch Bar. It’s between a sweet and salty bar, and the best part it requires no baking so you will have more time to spend with yourself, family and friends this holiday weekend.
Yield: 16-36 (depending how you cut the bars)
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar 1 11 oz. package butterscotch flavor chips
1 cup creamy peanut butter 1/4 cup whipping cream
6 T. butter, melted 1/2 cup coarsely crushed pretzels
2 cups crushed pretzels 1/2 cup chopped pretzels
Let’s Have Fun:
1. Line a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan with foil. (See note @ the bottom). Lightly coat foil, shiny side up, with cooking spray; set pan aside.
2. For crust, in a large bowl, combine powdered sugar, peanut butter, and melted butter.
3. Stir in the 2 cups of crushed pretzels. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
4. In a heavy saucepan cook and stir butterscotch pieces and whipping cream over low heat until butterscotch pieces are melted and mixture is smooth.
5. Spread mixture over crust. Sprinkle 1/2 cup crushed pretzels and chopped peanuts; very gently. Cover and chill for 2 hours. Using the foil to lift uncut bars out of the pan. Cut into bars. Store bars between sheets of wax paper in an airtight container; store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
1. Turn the baking pan upside down. Shape the foil over the outside of the pan, shiny side down extending the foil about 1 inch beyond the edges of the pan.
2. Carefully lift the shaped foil off the baking pan, taking care to maintain its shape. (DON’T GET FRUSTRATED)
3. Gently ease the shaped foil into the baking pan, allowing the ends to extend beyond the edges of the pan.