Were so used to Oreos cookies and cream ice cream, so I’m presenting you with something a little different today it’s Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Gelato. This is a very delicious frozen treat; it’s like taking one cookie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream (with a hint of cinnamon) then topping it off with another cookie. The only difference here is vanilla gelato with crumbled oatmeal cookies mixed in it’s yummy even I can’t stop eating it. Confession: I had some for breakfast…oops!
1 batch of Gelato de Crema
1/4 t. pure vanilla extract
2 t. ground cinnamon
1 c. crumbled oatmeal cookies, frozen
1. Make gelato de crema and chill.
2. Gently whisk the vanilla and cinnamon into the base. Pour the mixture into the container of an ice cream machine and churn according to the manufactures instruction.
3. Add the crumbled oatmeal cookies 5 minutes before the churning ends. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze for a least 2 hours before serving.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
2 sticks of butter 1 1/2 c. flour
1 c. light brown sugar 1 t. baking soda
1/2 c. sugar 1 t. cinnamon
2 large eggs 3 c. Quaker oats ( never quick oats)
1 t. pure vanilla extract 1 c. raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cream together butter and both sugars until creamy, on medium speed. Stop the machine and scrap down the sides of the bowl.
3. Add eggs and vanilla.
4. Add dry ingredients, mix well. Stop the machine and scrap down the sides of the bowl. Stir in oats and raisins
5. If not using right away place in the refrigerator until you’re ready to use it or place in the freezer in an airtight container for 3 months. Just thaw it out for 20-30 minutes before using.
6. Bake for 10-12 on ungreased cooking sheet or lined with parchment paper; until edges are lightly brown and slightly dry in the middle. Cool for 1 minute on the baking sheet.