Crispy Gingersnaps Yield: 48 -50 pieces
2 1/4 cups flour 1 t. baking soda
1 cup light brown sugar 1 t. ground ginger
3/4 cup vegetable shortening 1 t. cinnamon
1/4 cup molasses 1/2 t. cloves
1 egg 1/4 cup sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Lined cookie sheets with parchment paper
2. In a large mixing bowl place about half of the flour.
3. Add the brown sugar, shortening, molasses, egg, baking soda, ginger,cinnamon, and cloves.
4. On medium speed, beat the mixture till thoroughly combined, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally. beat in the remaining.
5. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll the balls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
6. Bake for 8-10 mins. Alternate the cookie sheets. Cool on cookie sheets for 1 minute
7. Remove cookies and cool on wire racks.
Parchment paper can be brought at the grocery store