Yield: 2-2 1/2 dozen Recipe can be doubled
3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks), softened
1 cup sugar
1 t. pure vanilla extract
3 sq., (3 oz.) unsweetened chocolate melted and cooled
3 cups flour
1 t. baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 375 F
2. In a mixing bowl beat butter and sugar together on medium speed, until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Stop the machine and scrap the side of the bowl. Blend in melted cool chocolate.
4. Add baking powder, lower the speed add flour one cup at a time, mixing well after each addition, to butter mixture beat until smooth.
5. Cover and chill until firm, about 1 hour.
6. Roll out dough 1/8″ thick. Dip desired cookie shape cutters in flour, Cut and transfer cookie shapes onto an insulated cookie sheet or cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
7. bake for 8-10. Remove cookies from baking trays and cool completely on wire rack.
Kitchen Tip: Never decorated hot cookies let them cool completely.
Crack eggs first in a bowl, before adding to the mixture so you will not get egg shells in the batter
To decorate Cookies, you can use this royal icing recipe