I’m super excited to share with you how to make these little treats for your best friend or sister’s baby shower. There are super cute and fun to make with a few handy tools this project is easy for any amateur baker or hobbyist. I’m always in Michaels Craft Store, I recently purchase rubber stamps which cost about $1.00-$14.99; instead of purchasing texture mats which a little bit more money I decided to grab a few of the $1.00-$1.50 rubber stamps to use in this project. Michaels keep the $1 stamps in a bin or near the checkout counter. Before each use of the stamp you warm soap water and let it dry completely. WARNING: WATER & HEAT IS FONDANT’S ENEMY! As you can see I did shapes of teddy bears, ducks, bottles, button, and a pretty daisy.
Before we begin, you will need a batch of your favorite Vanilla Cupcakes, if you do not know how to make and bake cupcakes, just checkout my post on Cupcake Decorating 2. After your cupcakes cool you’ll need a batch Buttercream Icing with your favorite gel paste color if you choose to color your icing
Pink color Fondant or your favorite color
Michaels OR any craft store – rubber stamps
2″-2 1/2″ baby shower cookie cutters
9 inch roller with pink guide rings
1 Tablespoon of each: cornstarch & powder sugar
Disco Dust clear violet (optional)
Lets Get Started:
1. First, sprinkle your work surface with cornstarch mixture in a strainer; then rolled out your fondant 1/16 thick
2. Stamp with a rubber stamp all over the fondant’s surface
3. Cut out shapes with cookie cutters
4. Place shapes inside of a gum paste storage board let the shapes dry for 2 days completely. Working with fondant in the summer is the WORST because of the humidity be sure to turn on your air conditioner.
5. After your shapes dry completely, (optional) dust your shapes lightly with the disco dust to give it a bling effect before placing onto the cupcakes.
6. Now it’s time for the fun part. If you’re unsure on how to use a pastry bag checkout my post on cookie decorating basics. My post on Cupcake Decorating part 3 explains the different types of tips used to iced cupcakes.
7. After you iced your cupcakes, carefully place your baby icon pieces on your sweet treats.